Re: [News] Ten Things That Linux Beginners 'Unlearn'

spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 07:53:21 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>>  10 Things a new Linux user needs to unlearn

>> Man, whoever wrote this needs to take a course in logic, or
>> communication.

What part of "new Linux user" don't you understand. They're "new" to
Linux; they're used to Windows. I've got *earwax* with more
intelligence than you.

>>> ,----[ Gist ]

>> You need to unlearn that reboots are not SOP?  Wouldn't that mean
>> learning that they are?

Well if you're used to running Windows, you wouldn't *need* to learn
it, you'd have *lived* with it every day. I would say that *new* Linux
users *would* "need to unlearn that reboots are not SOP" with Linux.

> Use your brain, it should be "10 things windows users need to
> unlearn when switching to linux. So he got the heading wrong, big
> deal.

The subject "Ten Things That Linux Beginners 'Unlearn'" seems crystal
clear to me. Maybe it's one of those American language problems.

>> Apart from
<snip>

--
K.