Re: Part 2 - Wondering why your site is not indexed in Google?

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 00:33:08 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ www.1-script.com ] on Friday 16 June 2006 18:07 \__
>
>> What the heck?
>>
>> The page at Webmasterworld where these sites were first made public today
>> just went offline!
>>
>> http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/34760-3-10.htm
>>
>> Here is my little conspiracy theory of the day: someone does not want this
>> information public
>
>Maybe Brett? Was that the name of the guy who manages it and even makes ends
>meet from advertisements? Was there not a certain member called googleguy
>there? There could be something worth hiding, indeed.
>

>> If you missed the first message here, here are the search queries to play
>> with on Google's site:
>>
>> [quote]
>> After 5 minute investigation we have:
>>
>> site:cgq7wm.org 56100000
>> site:eiqz2q.org 3010000000
>> site:t1ps2see.com 1260000000
>> site:etlz8o.org 80800000
>> site:viwhha.org 42900000
>> site:qge6f7.org 69000000
>> site:rfni70.org 252000000
>> site:jkthy0.org 27400000
>> site:geku8h.org 62700000
>>
>> Giving a grand total of 4,860,900,000
>>
>> [/quote]
>>
>> have fun!
>

>I would love to find out if the number of indexed pages aligns with the
>estimated numbers above. From experience, it should. This might explain
>where a lot of capacity has gone wasted. Perhaps, let me venture to guess,
>some Google boxes ran out of space (as the Register indicated) and, as a
>consequence, coughed out some real pages from other Web sites, as part of
>exception handling. Maybe Google's bug was after all the outcome of 'index
>poisoning' (stupid crackers!) of a really large scale, rather than an
>innocent mistake.
>
>The above confirms that something has gone gone totally wrong and the
>disappearance of the thread suggests that someone out there has a good
>reason to hide the evidence.

Like Jim was saying the other day, this should be all over the main
media news. I feel a skit coming on... I can play the part of the
grumpy local in the village pub; "It be Frankensearch,  I tells ya...
FRANKENSEARCH!!!"

Then I can turn sideways in my famous "same shape as Hitchcock"
profile move and Really Scare Everybody!

BB :-))
--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/seo-sitemap.htm
http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/ansel-adams-prints.htm