Re: [News] The World is Changing for Information Officers

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Saturday 17 June 2006 03:19 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> =
>> | Microsoft Corp. has just made such an error by announcing that its
>> | pending Vista OS will allow system administrators to block users from
>> | copying data onto USB (Universal Serial Bus) memory sticks, Gantz said.
>
> Unfortunately, I think they got that right.
>
> The future world is network-only.
>
> iPods are aced by cell phones.

iPod are evolving into mobile/smart phones, too. Many technologies will
merge, TV included. But this may take time, due to resistance to change.z

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  6:50am  up 50 days 12:04,  12 users,  load average: 0.59, 0.94, 1.04