[News] Another Excel Flaw Being Exploited Already

New Excel [1] zero-day flaw used in attacks

,----[ Quote ]
| A new, yet-to-be-patched security vulnerability in Microsoft's Excel has
| been exploited in at least one targeted cyberattack, experts warned
| on Friday.
|
| [...]
|
| "Attackers are actively exploiting this vulnerability in targeted
| attacks," Symantec said. The issue appears to affect all versions of
| Excel, including Excel 2003 and Excel 2000. If the attempt is successful,
| the intruder will gain full control over the targeted computer, the
| company said.

`----

http://news.com.com/2100-7349_3-6084738.html?part=rss&tag=6084738&subj=news

Time to install and use something else, such as OpenOffice Calc.

Use Microsoft Office, get pwned.

___
[1] Vis-a-vis Excel, the former project manager published a very interesting
blog item this morning/last night:

,----[ Snipptet ]