Re: See *The COLA Gang* Spring Into Action!!

On 2006-06-15, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:06:54 GMT, Edwards wrote:
>
>> On 2006-06-14, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> If Roy stole you wallet,
>>
>> Do the laws for robbery refer to "personal financial gain"?
>>
>> This is (alleged) copyright infringement, not robbery.
>>
>> Forget about the images for a second, do you even have evidence that
>> the "revenue" (if any) from the ads on the site go to _Roy_ directly,
>> as opposed to his web service provider?  (Eg as a condition of hosting)
>
> If that were the case, then Roy couldn't contribute the "profites" to
> charity, now could he?
>
> Stop trying to invent excuses and come up with justifications.  Admit he's
> wrong.

When did I say anything about right or wrong since I began
participating in this thread?  I've been asking for support of the
claim of _criminal_ conduct.

Stop trying to trivialize the distinctions between criminal and
non-criminal copyright infringement.  Admit you were wrong on that
aspect.

--
Darrin