Re: [News] Turbolinux Penetrates Chinese Market

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ Gordon ] on Wednesday 14 June 2006 10:33 \__
[H]omer wrote:
BearItAll wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

http://www.genesis-x.nildram.co.uk/images/shot1.png http://www.genesis-x.nildram.co.uk/images/shot2.png

Interesting - what browser are you using, and have you got any ad blockers installed? Both Konqueror and Firefox here have all the ads.......

It appears to be Firefox 1.5 with Noia, judging by the screenshot. I can also see the FlashBlock icon in the page, so I imagine there are some plug-ins to serve as defences.

No magic. Just Squid peered to Privoxy on the server ... and FlashBlock. That's all.

I have almost half a dozen such plug-ins

Can't say I've ever needed that many. In fact the only reason I even bother with FlashBlock, is for Point n' Drool convenience. Even then, Privoxy's web configurator is only a click away, so .... hmmm, time to prune.

Sorry, guys. I still try rarely (if ever) to link to LinuxToday because these folks are sponsored by Microsoft.

Linux Today founder calls for a boycott of Linux Today

Egads, is that even legal. Holy crap. :shocked:

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5
 21:13:19 up 7 days,  2:46,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00