[News] Microsoft Quits Open Source Negotiations

Microsoft abandons open source discussion

,----[ Quote ]
| My view is that Microsoft was never going to give more than lip service
| to openness, so why bother? If all you're going to pay me is lip
| service, frankly, I'm happy to decline the honor.
`----

                        http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=676

...Despite cocky statements from a server consultant who speaks garbage on
behalf of Microsoft servers (an offending division due to deliberate lack of
interoperability, according to the EU/EC)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20060612/tc_zd/180706
        ( Windows vs. Linux: Time to Call a Truce? )