Re: To Kind comp.os.linux.advocacy Readers

  • Subject: Re: To Kind comp.os.linux.advocacy Readers
  • From: "nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 10 Jun 2006 21:01:19 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Dear Roy,

Everyone realizes that you are being attacked because of your
effectiveness, and that you are being attacked in despicable ways
because they cannot succeed in any honest way.  It's obvious, so I
won't belabor it.

Just let me add that I doubt you would have been able to find so many
positive citations for Linux and FOSS a year ago.  To me the rise of
FOSS and the decline of Proprietary Monopoly is one of the most
interesting dramas I can imagine.  The raw nerves, defensiveness, and
dirty tricks of the trolls are not only a reflection of how you've
gotten under their skins, but also of the objective  strengthening of
the Linux and FOSS presence in the world of software.   It's going to
be interesting to see where we are in another year.  Keep up the good
work.