Re: Who the hell is Roy Schestowitz?

  • Subject: Re: Who the hell is Roy Schestowitz?
  • From: "Da'Punk-A" <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 30 Jun 2006 07:00:02 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Tom Wiley wrote:
> When he started loading up cola with news, I just planted his logo in my
> filter and forgot it.  No problem, I thought.
>
> But, when I am on the road I can't use my big news account with the
> million year retention time.  I have to use a news account accessable
> from a random connection and those have vastly shorter retention times. So
> the effect of all this unwanted news stuff is to push the normal posts off
> the bottom end in short order.

Why not use Google Groups when you're "on the road"?  I realise a lot
of Usenet old-hands dislike Google Groups.  But I use it, and Roy's
posts don't "push the normal posts off the bottom end".

> Roy, why don't you open a news blog and post your missives there?  I am
> sure that an advertisment for it would be welcome here and there would
> then be room for real on-topic posts again.

You may not like Roy's posts, but COLA isn't here to cater to your
wants.  I'm not interested in /everything/ that Roy posts, but I
certainly find some of the stuff comes up with interesting.  And it's
on-topic - ie, it's concerning Linux or its possible replacements.