Re: Small lightweight Live CD.

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Wednesday 28 June 2006 11:41 \__

> Austrumi Live-CD is a complete linux OS, which is only 50MB & fits
> onto a mini (business size card) CD. Based on Slackware, it uses
> Enlightenment as a desktop. On booting, it copies itself into RAM for
> faster application access, & thus allows the CD drive to be available for
> other tasks.
>
> http://cyti.latgola.lv/ruuni/index_en.html
>
> Downloaded from sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/austrumi/

Your mentioning of the compactness of this distro reminded me of this.

http://channels.lockergnome.com/linux/archives/20060623_dsln_damn_small_linux_gets_bigger.phtml

Puppy is growing to be a dog, size-wise and requirements-wise. It even
includes Opera 9, which unlike SeaMonkey, supports the most modern
standards, but raises the minimal resource bar. I guess there is a novelty
tradeoff which, in due time, will make old hardware obsolete.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Bring home the world cup, England!
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 12:50pm  up 61 days 17:53,  12 users,  load average: 0.72, 1.03, 0.95