Re: [News] Sony Expects to Ship 100 Miliion Linux Boxes (PlayStations 3's)

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Update: Sony Expects to Sell 100 Million PS3s
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Sony's massively successful PlayStation and PlayStation 2 consoles both
>| sold upwards of 100 million units worldwide. But despite the PlayStation
>| 3's steep price point, Sony's sales expectations haven't flagged at
>| all.
>|
>| A Reuters piece also quotes PS3 architect Ken Kutaragi as saying that "we
>| are targetting 100 million [PS3] units, just like PlayStation 1 and
>| PlayStation 2."
> `----
>
>                                 http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=68990
>
> For context:
>
> Sony: PS3 is a PC
>
> http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/pc-gaming/sony-pc-dead-nintendo-for-kids-we-innovate-k-179882.php
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| According to Neoseeker, the PS3's hard drive will ship with a flavor of
>| the Linux OS already installed.
> `----
>
>                 http://www.macobserver.com/article/2006/06/09.5.shtml

I've been saying this for ages, - PS3 is after the PC market, the media
centre market, the game console market and the dvd player market and and
and ...

This is why a $499 price tag is not so bad, when you consider that most
people could dump their remaining boxes.

I imagine that fitting a dvbtv card to a ps3 won't be all that
difficult, or a radio card, and so on.

It might be the only box the next generation of students need (along
with a flat monitor, of course), and an N770 to take in their pocket.

Good day to avoid cops.  Crawl to work.