Re: [News] Linux Runs on the Palm Tungsten 3

__/ [ Jim ] on Monday 26 June 2006 16:43 \__

> Ray Ingles wrote:
>> On 2006-06-26, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Proof that the kernel can cope with large varieties of hardware.
>>>
>>>http://tamspalm.tamoggemon.com/2006/06/26/linux-for-palm-tungsten-t3-review/
>>

>> I'm thinking of buying one of those. The battery life isn't supposed to
>> be great, though apparently you can get aftermarket replacement
>> batteries with higher capacity.

If you set the brightness low enough, it can last you for many hours. A
battery extender (look them up on eBay) might be even cheaper than an
internal replacement plus a professional engineer/time/risk.

I have a Tungsten myself and whenever I travel I just bring the adapters with
me (the original packages comes with about 4 heads for independence from
international standards, or lack thereof). You can charge merely everywhere,
airports included. As long as you don't do CPU-intensive stuff (think basic
PIM), battery life will rarely be a factor.