Re: Migrating to SuSE - Video

__/ [ Chris ] on Monday 26 June 2006 10:14 \__

> Hi,
>
> Current events and goals have warranted my migration to Linux. I've
> heard good things of SuSE so I'm in the process of planning the move. My
>   first question is will the ATI drivers work with a 8500 Radeon card? I
> know the generic install drivers will work, but I want to take advantage
> of the proprietary drivers for obvious reasons. I'll be using the latest
> distro.

I happily use a Radeon card with a SuSE 8.1 box. I suspect, speaking from
memory, that new drivers (in binary form) were recently released for Linux,
so support should not be an issue. Actually, here is the link, which I have
already had handy:

        ATi Linux Driver 8.25.18

        http://tweakers.net/meuktracker/12720

Also explore:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=8500+Radeon+suse

http://groups.google.com/groups?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=8500+Radeon+suse

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 10:45am  up 59 days 15:48,  12 users,  load average: 0.77, 0.86, 0.45