Re: Windows Attacks One-Million Dollar Homepage

__/ [ Da'Punk-A ] on Saturday 24 June 2006 11:29 \__

> [H]omer wrote:

>> 'Bout time the international law makers and governments did something
>> about these scum.
>
> Are you serious?  Ever since the end of Soviet communism,  organized
> crime has been the own growth industry in Russia, its biggest
> export,and some say its de facto government.  And there's nothing "the
> international law makers and governments" can do about it.  Tell the
> Russian government to "sort out" its cybercrime problem, they'll say
> "What problem?  We've got plenty of cybercriminals."  So how do you
> solve the issue?  Invade the country so you can impose your will on the
> Russians?

The folloing emerged recently:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/01/world/europe/01cnd-mp3.html?ex=1306814400&en=4c9bcba30952e86b&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

,----[ Snippet ]
| So great is the official level of concern about AllofMP3 that American
| trade negotiators darkly warned that the Web site could jeopardize
| Russia's long-sought entry into the World Trade Organization.
`----

Basically, political affairs are entiwined with piracy, which is worrisome,
much as in:

http://digg.com/technology/Demonstration_held_in_response_to_the_raid_on_The_Pirate_Bay

Read comment #1 (with typos):

,----[ Full quote ]
| There are many who say that "they deserved it because they are violating
| copyrights". We could debate for ages on copyrights... but the reason for
| the demonstration is not all about the copyrights. When a corperation has
| the ability to munipulate a foreign governments law enforcement and
| goverment into raiding a legal business (it may not be legal in the US
| but US law does not apply outside the US), then theres reason to be
| worried. Corperations are getting greedier and worse as time progresses.
| In the last decade they've been trying to make as much money as possbile
| with spending as little money as possible. In the next decade we will
| likely see more corperations attempting to persade goverments into
| taking serious actions (legal or not) for their benifit, and we're
| already seeing the very beginnings of this trend.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows all-in-one: Word, IE (for E-mail) & iTunes
 11:25am  up 57 days 16:39,  12 users,  load average: 1.77, 1.46, 1.24