Re: [News] China Chooses Linux, Competitors Panic

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 23 June 2006 23:48 \__

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2249&Itemid=449

> Tipping point was sometime last year, I think.  Now it's just a gentle
> downhill run.

...Not if you rely on previous figures of 'in-factory' pre-installations.
This seems to be changing though. Bill Gates' last visit to China aimed to
massage the figures and reduce piracy, but piracy!=Linux/Windows. I _never_
before came across this offer from HP. I knew about South America and South
Africa though (smaller markets), among other nations. Maybe they do it in
stealth. Cheeky buggers trying to evade the wrath of a flying chair...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  7:50am  up 57 days 13:04,  11 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.76, 0.74