Re: Bill Hilf ---- EXPOSED !!!

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Friday 23 June 2006 13:48 \__

> __/ [ BearItAll ] on Friday 23 June 2006 13:24 \__
>
>> John Bailo wrote:
>>

>>> Who is this Master Spy Bill Hilf, who walks both sides of the *line* ?!?!
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/tnradio/bio/billhilf.mspx
>>>
>>> "Prior to joining Microsoft, Bill led IBM's Linux/Open Source Software
>>> technical strategy at a world-wide level for the Emerging and
>>> Competitive markets organization, in addition to his direct customer
>>> interaction as a senior enterprise architect. Bill has been involved
>>> with Open Source Software (OSS) for over twelve years, and is an IEEE
>>> Distinguished Visitor on the subject of OSS."
>>
>> Thats alright, taking Linux like thinking into MS, he might have a hard
>> time of it in there, but with his IBM-Suse laptop in the boardroom, he's
>> bound to get noticed :)
>>
>> If MS released a fully safe OS tomorrow, sat on a Linux-like kernel, full
>> security, virus immune, stable. Then thats great, its all we really wanted
>> them to do.
>>
>> There after it all just becomes a choice of which of the safe systems we
>> want to use.
>

> I refer you to:
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;754084996;fp;2;fpid;1
>
>         It's unofficial: Microsoft bets business on Linux
>
> <snip>
>
> The next time Bill Gates sends an e-mail through Microsoft's shiny new
> Wireless LAN it will be passed through a behind-the-scenes Linux-based
> network appliance.

> Pandey's (senior director of Microsoft IT) appraisal of Aruba's technology
> is in stark contrast to Microsoft's "Get the Facts" rhetoric which places
> Windows as a more secure, and higher-performing choice over Linux."
>
> </snip>

Cool! I posted this to Digg and while it hasn't reached the front page yet,
someone picked it (old news) and submitted it to Slashdot. It's now in the
front page:

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/23/1748249&from=rss

*grin*

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E