Re: A little OT: Wordpress, Blogger, etc etc... which one?

  • Subject: Re: A little OT: Wordpress, Blogger, etc etc... which one?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:20:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Da'Punk-A ] on Friday 23 June 2006 17:16 \__

> I want to have a blog.  So I can rave about Ubuntu and diss Windows and
> lie about my sex life and post embarrassing photos of people I hardly
> know.  I've never had a blog before.  I've read about them a bit, and
> I've been kind of looking at the different free blog sites available,
> and I was hoping that I could get some feedback from yall about which
> are good, which are crappy and so on.
>
> I'm not going to host it on my own domain (is that the correct
> terminology?), at this time anyway I just want a regular little blog on
> a free blogging service.

In due time, you can export the posts and import them to a blog on your
newly-erected domain. WordPress.com, with which I am indirectly involved,
offers openness, which includes portability of data.

> So, what do yall say?

My opinion is biased, but WordPress.com has some good reputation unlike, for
example, Blogspot, which suffers from its SPAM notoriety. The better the
status, the more visitors and citations you will attract.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
Cpu(s):  20.4% user,   3.7% system,  18.8% nice,  57.2% idle