Re: Windows XPlosive

__/ [ Ian Hilliard ] on Wednesday 21 June 2006 20:19 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32550
>>
>> Yes, the machine was running Windows (it's a Dell, after all).
>
> I know that my laptop burns my lap through my trousers if I run Windows. So
> much for being a "Lap Top" computer.
>
> It is bad enough with XP. Just wait until Vista comes out. There will be
> laptops exploding all over the place.

Well, why wait? Look at the Xbox 360, fo example. Units have been catching on
fire, if I recall correctly. Wait until we get to August in the northern
hemisphere... and speaking of overheating problems:

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2158731/500ghz-frozen-chips-menu-ibm

        500GHz frozen chips on the menu at IBM

The Linux-powered PS3 will be running on IBM's Cell. Here are some folks
whose word you can trust.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
  8:25pm  up 55 days  1:39,  12 users,  load average: 3.09, 2.45, 2.09