Re: [News] Former FreeBSD Projects Opts for GNU/Linux

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 21 June 2006 15:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Black Dragon
> <bd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:03:05 -0400 (EDT)
> <slrne9idbp.1ive.bd@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Former FreeBSD project releases Linux live CD alpha
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> You're subject line and titles are deceiving as others have pointed out,
>> this has absolutely nothing to do with the FreeBSD project. You are in
>> fact, besides being quite naive, a fucking worthless liar. Enjoy your
>> time with the other worthless creatures in my kill file.
>>
>> HAND
>>

> How is Roy's message deceiving?  This is
> exactly the title used in the included link,
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6384815116.html .  It's a bit
> hard to see as it's in a blue area, easily skipped over as part
> of the "framing" of the page's content.
>
>     Former FreeBSD project releases Linux live CD alpha
>
>     The GNU-HALO project team, which had been working on a new FreeBSD
>     operating system distribution for several months but ultimately
>     decided to switch over to a Linux core, finally released its first
>     edition, GNU-HALO Alpha 0.1 Linux live CD, on June 19, a team
>     spokesman said.
>
>     The fledgling distro uses a 2.6.16 kernel and the KDE 3.5.3 desktop
>     environement, the release announcement said. The initial build is
>     based on SLAX Standard Edition v 5.1.6 and is available as either a
>     SLAX module (to be released shortly) or a fully bootable Live CD iso
>     image file -- which is available for download now, the team member
>     said.

BD has been rude to me for almost a week. My reply to him, in response to his
prejudiced treatment ,is merely a culmination of this. I am happy that he
decided to killfile me. I don't want any followups from him.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow(up)"
Cpu(s):  20.5% user,   3.7% system,  18.1% nice,  57.8% idle
      http://iuron.com - semantic engine to gather informationa