Re: Microsoft Rats leave the Sinking Company?

__/ [ michelebargeman@xxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 21 June 2006 04:27 \__

> It is said, do not kicked a falling man. However, it is safe to say -
> such civility doesn't apply to devil - such as Martin Taylor.
> Forefather of infamous campaign "Get the Facts!".
>
> We the Linux users have nothing but each-other. It is ironic that
> Microsoft worst enemy is not "Linux" but the Internet.  I quote
> "Calgary Sun" with URL.
>
> http://money.canoe.ca/News/Other/2006/06/20/1644022-ap.html
>
> "Microsoft chairman Bill Gates, who announced recently he would be
> leaving his day-to-day responsibilities at the company in 2008, has
> told his staff to make such web efforts a key priority, amid concerns
> that web-based products will eventually erode the need for Microsoft
> moneymakers such as the Windows operating system and Office business
> software."
>
> Perhaps this is Microsoft way of getting ride of worst employers, and
> start of with fresh meat. Nevertheless, as stated in above News that OS
> is business is being erode due to Internet. You see most companies are
> trying to make money like "Entertainment industry" through
> advertisement or "Utility Services" like telephone or ISP.
>
> If you guys read the above quote, you can't help but simple. You would
> realize that Microsoft is not only competing against other Operating
> System & Office Applications, but it is also competing itself! Yes,
> that's right. Microsoft has to convince its customers that they need to
> buy new hardware & software even though most of the older software are
> working just fine. In the past CPU speed kept rising, and this indeed
> justified upgrading. However, now anyone with 1.5Ghz CPU & decent
> hardware can  play 3D games &  transcode DVD & watch it on typical DVD
> player, and as for office application users doesn't need powerful CPU &
> hardware, any 800mhz PC would do just fine. Perhaps when Blue-ray, HDVD
> & HDCP based devices become common, we the users may upgrade (even then
> most of us with x64 would only need reader/recorder & a video card).
>
> I am itching to buy some tabloids with some very juicy info about
> whatever is going on in Microsoft. Please, post such tabloids names &
> links!

Search the Web for "Mini Microsoft". I don't know if the site has already
been shut down (the anonymous author said he would end it), but it gives
good insight into what Microsoft employees are saying and thinking.

> I can't help but wonder. How come all the big shots are leaving the
> company, or moving to a different positions?

I think it's rather obvious. Everyone prefers to depart on a high notes. I'm
surprised that it took them /that/ long to step down, ditch, or defect. Lee
and Mark Lucovsky must be the smarter ones. They started the breaking the
chain at the executive level, foreseeing what was yet to come (20% collpase
of MSFT, to name just one indicator).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  9:50am  up 54 days 15:04,  13 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.88, 1.02