Re: Microsoft on MSN Search

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:08:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Who Turned Off The Lights? ] on Thursday 02 March 2006 07:24 \__
>
>> On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:13:10 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6044803.html
>>
>> aaah, yah, you beat me to it. I saw it earlier as well and you surely came
>> to mind Roy.
>>
>> What gets me is the following:
>> <quote>
>> Holloway said Microsoft has no plans to integrate its search engine into
>> Vista, the new Microsoft Windows operating system set to replace Windows XP
>> later this year or early next year.
>>
>> "Should we add a Google-like search engine, but twice as good, hard-core
>> into Windows? Guess what. If we did that, I don't think a company called
>> Google would be very happy," he said.
>> </quote>
>>
>> Hmpthtphtpht! I don't believe it for a minute. Their integrating it into
>> Vista was the one thing I was betting on carrying them over for the kill.
>> Or did their last fiasco against Netscape finally hit home? hahaha, I doubt
>> it. Like I've always said. Ole Billy gets a woody everytime someone
>> whispers 'class action suit' and 'antitrust' into his ear.
>

> I actually thought they had integrated a search bar into Internet Explorer 7.
> Again, it's up for the court to judge how far this can go.

Well, my Firefox has a little Thing-a-majig (Search Icon?) on the toolbar
which I see now how I can customize. But it's there by default and what
engines does it list? Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Answers, Creative Commons and
Ebay. Yet MSN isn't there, surprise-surprise. Of course one can customise
that too.

> .....Earlier today I
> read that Google Sitemaps can give insight to their users about SERP's....
>
> via Digg: "Google sitemaps turned on a new feature today. Now you have the
> ability to not only look at what people search for and click on to get to
> your site, but today you can now see what average position that phrase or
> keyword comes up at! This makes things sooo much easier for SEO."

Thanks for the heads up Roy. But if it's as disappointing for me as was
Analytics then....oh, just took a look. Ack!

> This is by no means a comparison, but just an arbitrary observation.

Yet one that's appreciated. Now that I'm reminded of all the errors I
hadn't fixed yet. :-(