Re: Pagerank of my page went to 0???

__/ [ Ignoramus23984 ] on Thursday 02 March 2006 16:23 \__

> I have my own home page
>
>   http://igor.chudov.com/
>
> it is a personal page, no business conducted on it etc. So I do not
> care, but I wonder. About 2-3 weeks ago, its pagerank changed from 4
> or 5 (do not recall, like I said I never cared), all the way down to
> 0.
>
> I did not do any hanky panky on it and, in fact, it has not changed in
> the last 8 or so years.
>
> Any ideas?

Well, I don't know about your personal site, but your main site contains half
a million pages, some/many of which are copies of Wikipedia article (just
reached one million, let us congratulate it!!), or so I suspect. I sometimes
come across your domain in the SERP's merely by serendipity.

As Borek rightly said, it's probably just a datacentre 'hiccup'. Be careful
nonetheless and play clean. I hope your son is still enjoying his splendid
Ubuntu box. *wink* Is there any newsgroups where we haven't bumped into each
other?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
  4:55pm  up 1 day 12:33,  8 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.09