Re: Mozilla browser probelm - Pls help

  • Subject: Re: Mozilla browser probelm - Pls help
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 07:12:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Monday 06 March 2006 06:39 \__

> kimshapiro100@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Mozilla browser probelm - Pls help
>>
>> I am not technical.
>>
>> I have a  recently purchased Windows XP Toshiba laptop with Intel
>> processor
>>
>> I have been using Mozilla Firefox Browser for quite a while..no
>> problems... now all of a sudden this is happening...
>>
>> My screen FREEZES and it says
>> Mozilla is not responding
>>
>> I deleted the Browser software and downloaded it again...but I still
>> have the same problem.
>>
>> can anyone pls help me ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Kim
>
> Yes. Format drive, install linux

There are more helpful answer than that, Peter.

As  already  suggested,  consider using Opera, which is an  excellent  Web
browser  that  was  recently made free. It offers many of the  gains  that
Firefox  boasts,  but  it does not have an may  plug-ins  (extensions  and
themes) because most are built in.

If the browser freezes as you describe, it most likely points to a problem
with  your operating system and not the browser. The same browser's binary
files are working successfully on many other Windows machines. Most of the
150+ milion downloads of Mozilla Firefox are for Windows.

If  anything, use this as a lesson which demonstrates the imperfection  of
the operating system which you currently use.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Slashdot is standard-compliant... in Japan"
  7:05am  up 5 days  2:43,  13 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.26, 0.35