Re: The OpenOffice FUD Campaign has Begun

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Monday 06 March 2006 11:27 \__
>
>> On 2006-03-06, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
>> something concerning:
>>> __/ [ Peter KÃhlmann ] on Monday 06 March 2006 09:57 \__

>>> ...He also hijacked the thread as I was looking forward to Larry's
>>> response. To add context, Larry argued that COLA participants do nothing
>>> but complain about software from Microsoft.
>>
>> Erik hijacks every chance he gets. And it nearly always ends up
>> inspiring more of the anti-M$ stuff that he's (and Larry's) claiming
>> because it will include some anti-linux/anti-OSS material at the same
>> time (sometimes more subtle than others) or some unsupportable pro-
>> monopoly line of hoo-hah.
>>
>> I noted when I saw it, too, that Erik decided he was Larry for the
>> purposes of "answering" (inserting of hijacking materials, falsehood,
>> diversion, supposition, advertising and FUD) your query.
>>
>> And I still say that Larry is seeing the symptom and calling it the
>> disease. The disease is, in reality, those like Erik, tab, Flatso,
>> DooFu$, Bilge et al. Take those away and watch the anti-M$ material
>> (the symptom) dwindle to near nothing.
>>
>> Now, back to Larry describing the high temperature brought on by the
>> sickness as though it _is_ the sickness......
>
> Hey, that last bit just ain't fair. Larry doesn't see everything as either
> black or white, so some folks here don't appreciate his presence.

Are you sure you got that right?

> I am
> pleased enough to see an ex-Microsoft employee employing 2 SuSE machines
> and one Ubuntu machine, just as I do. It does say something.

Yes. It says he is trying the flatfish gambit. Install linux to have some
material to diss it.
Did you notice that he could not even be bothered to check what he has
installed?
No locate/find stuff, but sorely needs a hex-editor. Installs ghex, instead
of looking if he already has one installed or if there is one for his
default-WM (hint: it is)
This sounds just sooooo convincing

< snip >
--
Yield to Temptation ... it may not pass your way again.
                -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"