Re: Link Popularity

__/ [ RG ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 00:01 \__

> I get mixed opinions on what makes google search results.  Some say links.
> Some say content.  Some say both.

Both. Different 'flavours' suit different sites though.

> What is meant by content?  If it stand for wordiness, I see a lot online
> stores having little writeup.  If it is not wordiness, what is it?

Content in my eyes is also analogous to _amount_ of information/pages. This
can otherwise be perceived as the frequency certain words repeat. In line
with my comment above, on-line stores might rely less on search engines
pointing to 'articles'. Buyers need to arrive at preduct pages instead.

> Thanks in advance

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
  2:40am  up 6 days 22:18,  9 users,  load average: 1.06, 1.03, 0.78