Re: Microsoft to unleash Google search crusher tomorrow

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft to unleash Google search crusher tomorrow
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 02:59:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Karen Hill ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 02:00 \__

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6044803.html

,----[ Quote ]
| "Should we add a Google-like search engine, but twice as good,
| hard-core into Windows? Guess what. If we did that, I don't think
| a company called Google would be very happy," he said.
|
| [...]
|
| You've also got to take a step back and say where do you integrate," he
| said.
|
| Microsoft will put its search engine into its widely used communications
| tools Windows Messenger and Hotmail.
`----

User will sooner or later be appalled by the results and go where research
can actually be done. It is a known fact that even Microsoft employees use
Google. Anti-trust will sooner or later found its way, either way. IE7 uses
MSN search by default.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Bakset Case
  2:55am  up 6 days 22:33,  9 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.61, 0.67