Re: Microsoft is taking aim ...

__/ [ DJ ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 19:29 \__

> "Who Turned Off The Lights?" <Lights@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:42:10 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> __/ [ canadafred ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 14:24 \__

>>> To add wood to the fire, below is a snippet on that very same subject,
>>> imported from the Linux advocacy newsgroup:
>>
>> Allow me to be one of the first to concede and say it sucks.
>> What they've done is something Google's already accomplished.
>> I hate it and don't see surfer "jim" and "Jane" rushing to embrace it any
>> time soon. I'm quite embarrassed to have defended them for so long. Time
>> will tell, but I don't see anything coming of this anytime soon.
>>
>> Roy, you were right. MS as it stands is hanging by a thread if this is to
>> be their entry back into the "swing of things?".
>>
>> Their only stance is to cheat and make this a part of Vista in my own
>> opinion. Something I've predicted for so long yet something underhanded
>> and
>> cheap. Much like MS is accustomed to behaving as.
>>
>> [LED quickly scurries back to his corner and cries...boohoo]
>
> The interface results are horrible! All my browser does is click which is
> really annoying. The results are crap too.

Due to all the commotion, I /thought/ about logging on to live.com as to see
what everyone was talking about rather than relying on word of mouth. I also
thought about poking my eyeball with a needle. I haven't done it, but I am
still building courage. *wink*

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
  3:00am  up  19:37,  7 users,  load average: 0.75, 1.27, 1.14