Re: PDA especially for Tomtom: Palm or PocketPC?

  • Subject: Re: PDA especially for Tomtom: Palm or PocketPC?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:25:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
__/ [ Penster ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 22:45 \__

> <plmuon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I already have a palm tungsten T5. Now I want to buy a 2nd PDA
>> dedicated to run Tomtom navigation. What do you recommend to use for a
>> PDA for this purpose?
>>
>> Does Tomtom run better on Palm or PocketPC? If PocketPC, what would be
>> the best choice (price is also a factor) for this purpose? I don't
>> intend to use the 2nd PDA for much other than just GPS navigation.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Peter
>>
> A T5 will run tomtom no problem. You do not need a second unit. I am
> currently running tomtom on a T3. You need the Tomtom navigator software
> loaded on an SD card and a bluetooth GPS unit.
> Mick

Tomtom runs on both. Prices are similar. The question should be what /else/
you wish to do with the PDA? In my perception, it is primarily about
addressing the fork: "do you just need to get your work done (pragmatic) or
watch a little show that costs in terms of battery life".

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
  7:20am  up  23:57,  8 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.31, 0.42