Re: What is best tool to examine web logs (Apache)

__/ [ Dan V. ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 11:29 \__

> I  am using ipowerweb's built in awstat program to view web site data.
> However It takes a while to view the last 6 months of data.
>
> Basically I would like to view any number of months stats at a time,
> instead of limited to one month.
> Then I would copy and paste into MS Excel all the search phrases, words,
> most popular pages (instead of doing them all 12 times) etc.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thanks.

Concatenate your monthly logs and then run John Bokma's script, which gives
you summarised data (importable into spreadsheet software).

http://johnbokma.com/perl/googlebot-statistics.html

You will need to omit the part of the script that makes it exclusive to just
handle Googlebot. This will not handle search phrased, however. It is an
extension that you can probably pay John to have implemented.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
  2:30pm  up 1 day  7:07,  7 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.61, 0.62