Re: Scripts for animated fire

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Friday 10 March 2006 10:58 \__

> __/ [ Phantom69 ] on Friday 10 March 2006 07:00 \__
>
>> i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a free script for
>> animated fire to use on text and the such.
>
> Google 'gimp animated fire' and you get the following:
>
> http://www.gimptalk.com/topic.php?a=v&t=1297&f=8
>
> This seem like the effect that you have sought.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

Update: just found the following recent thread in the GIMP users mailiing
list (GUG):

===

Date:   Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:12:16 +0800 [28 Feb 2006 05:12:16 GMT
From:           T Remoblas
Subject:        [GUG] Fire Animation

Hi!

Does anyone have a newer version of Vidar's (or anyone else's version, for
that matter) FireAnim Script-fu? The one I have is for GIMP 1.2 and after
attempting to modify it to work for my version of GIMP (2.3.5), all I get is
this:

Error while executing
(script-fu-fireanim 3 9 15 6 15 "Incandescent" 50 0 2 FALSE 74)
ERROR: Procedural database execution failed:
    (gimp-edit-fill 82 1)

I've searched the source, and I couldn't find the line anywhere. Your help
is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

===

From:           Carol Spears

the problem is probably the "82" there.  that parameter should be the
drawable.

script-fu is terrible to debug.  maybe a letter to the author?  one of
the more wonderful people i shared my time with....

a simple, "i miss your plug-in for gimp2" might be all it takes.

carol

===

From:           T Remoblas

Hi!

Thanks for the tip. I tried it, but unfortunately the same thing happened,
same error but with different values in the parameters.

Cheers!

===

I hope this adds something...

Roy S. Schestowitz
 12:45pm  up 2 days  5:22,  7 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.83, 0.77