Re: Considering going away from Fedora core

__/ [ Ignoramus18798 ] on Friday 10 March 2006 11:43 \__

> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:42:24 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> __/ [ Ignoramus27983 ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 20:49 \__

>>> thanks. It recommended Fedora and "Mandriva".

>> Tried Mandraiva 2006 not so long ago. Excellent distribution.
>
> Excellent in what sense?

Everything worked flawlessly after installation. In that respect, It was
better than Ubuntu 5 on that very same box. Ubuntu did not have the network
automatically configured. Then you have another factor which is saturation
of programs (bloat), which is something I have nothing against (given solid
hardware). It saves time. I love distrobutions that are complete (or overly
and excessively complete), as well as fully-functional after less than half
an hour. SuSE is another such example, among many.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
  3:55pm  up 2 days  8:32,  7 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.68, 0.58