Re: Linux PC for $159 (exposing the LIEnix liars once again)

__/ [ flatfish+++ ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 15:30 \__

> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 04:13:52 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> This made the headlines!

> "For example, the system was fairly unresponsive. It took several seconds
> to paint windows (the desktop objects, not the OS), and applications took
> as much as a minute to load."
>
> Now this is an AMD Sempron 2400+ chip, which runs at 1.67 GHz
>
> Kinda puts a few holes in the Linux advocate tales about P166/P450
> machines running Linux great now doesn't it......Especially when these
> people are running high CPU hog wm's like enlightenment.
>
> I would have no problem if in your stories it were running a firewall and
> sitting at a command line most of it's life but you guys can't settle for
> that in your stories. You have to add on CD burning, running videos and
> all kinds of other stuff which just confirms your lies.
>
> Ok blame it on Linspire and pull the distribution dance.
> The music's up, everyone out on the dance floor!
> Let's dance!
>
> The truth is you Linux advocates will make up anything just to portray
> Linux in good fashion and the "Linux runs great on older hardware" is a
> great one because you can pull so many switches that it's impossible to
> keep up and debate the topic.
>
> Linux, by virtue of it's 200 or more distributions, has it's own set of
> excuses already built in.

The  article comes from a rather impartial source. The reviewer is with PC
Mag and is not thoroughly familiar with Linux. Page one does not even men-
tion  the word Linux and, as in any review, upsides must be brought to the
reader's attention, as well as downsides. It otherwise raises endless cri-
tique.

You're continuing to live in an isolated La-la land. Inevitably, your la--
land is becoming grimmer and the grass begins to reveal many yellow spots.
You  can continue to suppress what you desire to never hear, but Linux  is
growing quickly and there is only one platform from which users depart.

While you fear that your so-called 'skill' will become obsolete, I suggest
you begin to learn Linux and familiarise yourself with its splendid tools.
Judging  by what you have had to say, you were never even able to  install
Linux  properly.  It is common knowledge that Linux installation  is  more
straightforward  than that of Windows. But, oh wait, many vendors  pre-in-
stall  Windows for the clients. That should provide a sign. Maybe  because
it's  not  that simple after all... Windows even needs the hardware to  be
made "Compatible with Windows [X]", as oppose to hardware being bought and
then  an  operating system tailoring itself to fit the hardware, which  is
unaware and even oblivious to the O/S.

Best  wishes flatty. Please don't bother to reply again. You don't  belong
here.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
  3:40pm  up 3 days  8:17,  7 users,  load average: 1.00, 0.73, 0.58