Re: Video on Linux Adoption

__/ [ rapskat ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 22:17 \__

> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:47:57 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:24:54 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.redhat.com/en__us/USA/truthhappens/
>>>
>>> The first video is a must. Watch the whole thing.
>>
>> <snip type="junk">
>
> The messages were certainly valid and the facts and quotes accurate,
> however the overall tone struck me as very dark and with certain
> negatively militant overtones that many just wouldn't be receptive to.

Yes, I noticed that same thing. A bit old-stylish and grim, but mind you,
when alluding to contexts of comminism, it is in reference to Microsoft,
which attempts to make monoculture prevail. Also, it comes to show a world
that's dark and gloomy, so GNU/Linux can be perceived as the "light at the
end of the tunnel".

> I agree with Roy though, the "Truth Happens" vignette seemed the most
> poignant, even if overloaded and noir.

Rapskat, there's no point in replying to this person. It only encourages more
of the same c**p. Look at some of the recent posts in /C.O.L.A./, as well as
the junk that was dropped in more technical *nix newsgroups.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
  3:50am  up 3 days 20:27,  9 users,  load average: 1.13, 0.78, 0.59