Re: Microsoft bloats reply to EU

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft bloats reply to EU
  • From: Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:19:06 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:28:52 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I noticed the fact that any junk which comes from Microsoft grabs the
> headlines, again and again. Most latterly it was the ultramobile PC (AKA
> Origami), which is utter junk. Nokia have boasted something better for
> nearly a year, but they can't generate the same media hype.

I don't think we can call it junk just yet, Roy, it's hardly emerged into
the world. It might be okay, just not as spectacular as the usual
marketing hype would have us believe. I think for what it is, it may be
somewhat overpriced, and probably underpowered, but I don't doubt there
are people who would find it useful.

I am surprised the Nokia doesn't get more noticed though. I really fancy
one myself.

--
Kier