Re: Low-latency audio on Linux

__/ [ thorne25@xxxxxxxx ] on Monday 13 March 2006 17:19 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ TheLetterK ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 03:29 \__
>>
>> > Well, since t would be best to avoid feeding the troll... Would anyone
>> > like to have an intelligent discussion about Linux's low-latency audio
>> > capabilities, as they relate to that available on Windows?
>>
>> I heard that audio latency is one of the aspects that will be 'improved'
>> in Windows Vista (honestly!), which implies that something has been wrong
>> with that aspect of the O/S for over a decade.
>
> Hmm... hard disk latency has improved a lot over the years... I guess
> that means HD drives have had something wrong with them for the last
> 20-30 years, huh?

See my last answer to "OK" (the poster). Microsoft themselves have admitted
flaws in their audio stack implementation, as well as accompanying
utilities. I am not making this up. Vista will apparently compensate for the
flaws.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
  6:35pm  up 5 days 11:12,  7 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.02, 0.59