Re: Mandrake Creator Fired

__/ [ Aragorn ] on Tuesday 14 March 2006 20:38 \__

> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 21:27, Roy Schestowitz stood up and spoke the
> following words to the masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake...:/
>
>> http://osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=13971
>
> I'm very curious as to what the reason could be.  I can understand that
> some people resign from a company they've founded themselves when they
> feel that they no longer agree with what has become of that company or
> if they feel that their interests have shifted towards other goals, but
> to actually be _fired_ from something you've founded yourself...

Well, Gentoo's founder and creator went to work at Redmond and decided to
leave after a while (to work for a .NET company, as he must).

As for Gael Duval, if you look at his homepage, you will see evidence that he
takes pride in the new identity (Mandriva). The only suspicion that I have
is that he starts Web sites, perhaps at the time/capacity expense of his day
job.

> Man, that's got to suck bigtime...! :-/

When people feel privileged, they tend to have less pressure to produce. My
only guess would be that Gael no longer took the job seriously. It's merely
a guess. By the way, I resigned from one of my jobs yesterday. I had no
pressure to produce and I left before tensions rose.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:45pm  up 6 days 13:22,  7 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.54, 0.67