Re: New Windows Trojan Encrypts Files

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1937408,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594

,----[ Cryzip Trojan Encrypts Files, Demands Ransom ]
| Virus hunters have discovered a new Trojan that encrypts files on an
| infected computer and then demands $300 in ransom for a
| decryption password. `----

I find it rather infuriating that the words "Windows" or "Microsoft" are not
even contained in his lengthy article. I guess that Trojans are nowadays
implied to be a Windows issue, but this needs explicit clarification.

The BBC were at least tactful enough to add a paragraph which attributes
zombies to Microsoft Windows.

                        (see image at bottom)

I'm waiting for the one that converts an NTFS partition to ext3, losslessly. <g>