Re: [firefox] open some mime-types in browser window

__/ [ micans@xxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 14 March 2006 10:41 \__

> I am trying to get firefox to open text/x-chdr and text/x-csrc mime
> types in a browser window rather than look for some external
> application, as I usually just want to have a quick look at the fine
> file. Perhaps I managed to get my search-queries wholly wrong - so far
> no luck. Anyone in the know?
>
> Stijn

Edit -> Preferences -> Downloads -> File Types -> Open using Firefox (or
whatever suits you). This overrides the extension bending by the desktop
environment (in Linux at least, but I am not sure about Windows and Mac OS
X).

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 12:40pm  up 7 days  5:17,  7 users,  load average: 0.83, 0.84, 0.69