Re: Microsoft Doubt .NET

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 18:01 \__

http://digg.com/software/Microsoft_Vista%3A_Microsoft_loses_confidence_in_.NET

>> ,----[ Full Quote ]
>> |
>> | Microsoft appears to have concentrated their development effort in Vista
>> | on native code development. In contrast to PDC03LH, Vista has no
>> | services implemented in .NET and Windows Explorer does not host the
>> | runtime, which means that the Vista desktop shell is not based on the
>> | .NET runtime.
>> `----
>
> How many OSes are written in java?

Is that a tricky question? It doesn't make much sense or is at least rather
impractical (albeit not in theory). I am aware that you work with Eclipse in
daytime, but using it as the ground (platform) for all service would get it
nowhere. Have a look at Sun and their obsession and loveaffair with the Java
Desktop. They have a pact with Google nonetheless.