Re: How to save screen resolution Setting

  • Subject: Re: How to save screen resolution Setting
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:49:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp
__/ [ Meat Plow ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 11:46 \__

> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:52:06 +0000, Dade Huang wrote:
>
>> I have windows XP with 23" apple  LCD monitor. The screen res. was
>> originally
>> set for 1024x768. I go into display and change the setting to 1950x1024
>> and
>> everything is ok. But after the reboot of  the computer it automatically
>> returns back to 1024x768 and I have to reset the screen every time after I
>> restart the machine. How do I get windows Xp to
>> accept the fact that 1950x1024 should be my default screen resolution?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dade
>
> Is that resolution a supported mode of your video adapter? If not you may
> not be able to save it.

Is there any peripheral application involves? For example, one which comes
with your video card? There tend to be such tools, which override the
settings in Windows. Have a look and see if you can annul their effect.
Another possibility would be the overwrite the settings file directly.

Best wishes,