Re: Linux compatible SD card

__/ [ Nix ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 23:04 \__

> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Roy Schestowitz moaned:
>> *Bought a hard-drive a fortnight ago, which the box said was compatible
>> with Mac OS and Windows. I am not fond of branding something so generic.
>
> My monitor was apparently compatible only with Windows XP... *sigh*

You are joking, right? [stated with apprehension]

Monitors are monitors and the operating system does not induce its own
extensions, which are in turn supported by the hardware. If your monitor did
not work in Linux, you ought to have tried a newer kernel or a different
distribution. Perhaps you were just joking...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  5:15am  up 10 days 21:52,  9 users,  load average: 1.65, 1.43, 1.09