Re: Stock Markets to Use UNIX/Linux

news:dvikm7$2uj6$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.itnewsonline.com/showstory.php?storyid=3219&scatid=8&contid=3
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | IBM announced that Dow Jones Indexes, a provider of investable
> | including the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), has selected IBM
> | servers as the platform to calculate its suite of worldwide indexes
> and
> | averages that are disseminated globally in real-time through major
> | market data vendors and published in The Wall Street Journal,
> Barron's,
> | Dow Jones Newswires, MarketWatch and other Dow Jones and third-party
> | publications.
> `----

Well, AIX anyway.

"Our applications will leverage the performance capabilities in
pSeries/AIX architecture to produce, and support, new global indexes and
averages to create new revenue streams. IBM has provided our business
with professional expertise and exceptional service, a hardware platform
that efficiently meets our current needs and provides us with the
scalability to match our rapid growth. I am confident that the IBM
platform will be an integral part of our business unit's success going
forward," said Petronella."

It doesn't appear that IBM pushes linux when they can sell AIX instead.
Of course they are in the best postion to know.