Re: Linux Dedicated Hosting???

__/ [ David Cary Hart ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 19:19 \__

> Is anyone in this forum using dedicated hosting that they
> are actually pleased with? So many of the web hosts have RBL
> problems. Godaddy looked decent until I realized that they are using
> Fedora 2 (in contrast to FC4 [FC5 as of tomorrow]).

FC 2 is more stable than the latter. You should be p;eased that they did not
upgrade this. I discussed it in depth in the Linux newsgroups this
afternoon. The Computer Science department I am affiliated with still uses
FC2 and FC in general is more of a testing ground for RHEL.

> Then there are
> huge price differences for essentially the same service with similar
> bandwidth claims.

I know that my hosts http://catalyst2.com are doing dedicated Linux (Red hat
as far I know). I can't comment on performance though. It's rather pricy and
I might be forced to move in that direction next month.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  9:25pm  up 11 days 14:02,  11 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.78, 0.90