Re: Vista to be Released January 2007 (At the Earliest)

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Wednesday 22 March 2006 11:16 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <dvqpl6$54l$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4831374.stm
>>
>> Implications:
>>
>>    [1] More time earned to move people to Linux
>>
>>    [2] Compelling implication that Windows Vista is disastrous at its
>>        core
>
> From the article:
>
>     Efforts to improve security in the new system were largely behind
>     the delay, Microsoft said.

What a surprise...

> You don't back port security to a humongous lump of SW like Windows.
> Clearly, MS are fighting a losing battle.

At least we know that they take security seriously this time. Vista will be
released in 2010 perhaps, alongside SuSE 15 with KDE Plasma+Solid+VR Mask.
"Gadgets", you say? No, thank you. They're passe.