Re: MS Stopped Competing with Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, Dean40004 belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Dean40004 ] on Wednesday 22 March 2006 08:07 \__

>> They changed the URL:
>>
>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/56634/index.html
>>
>> Thanks for urging a correction to a broken link.
>
> Thank you for finding the page.

I think the author is making a mistake claiming that "Linux" is
attempting to "me too" Windows.

Of course, Microsoft would like such a strategy, as they feel on top of
that situation.

Unfortunately for Microsoft and the author, the "me too" strategy is
only a small part of the GNU/Linux community.

As one talkbacker notes, MS is merely doing a PR shuffle.

--
Q:  Why does a GNU/Linux user compile his kernel?
A:  Because he can.