Re: Internet Explorer Separated from Windows Explorer

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Wednesday 22 March 2006 13:36 \__

http://www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/podcasts/techmaven/techandu_03_09_06.htm

>> No, it's not intended to open competition and facilitate uninstallation of
>> IE. It is security-driven.
>
>  I'm shocked that integrating a web browser deep into the operating
> system can be thought of as a security problem! Shocked!

More latterly, they integrated RSS (or feeds largely) into the Vista kernel.
This was mentioned by Scoble almost a year ago. I guess we shall soon find
out why they call it "Atom".

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Proprietary cripples communication
  1:50pm  up 14 days  6:27,  8 users,  load average: 1.85, 1.58, 1.31