Re: If Microsoft made cars

  • Subject: Re: If Microsoft made cars
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:37:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
__/ [ Cool Dude ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 19:58 \__

> For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way
> computers have enhanced our lives, read on. At a recent computer expo
> (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the
> auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the
> computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000
> miles to the gallon."

> stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be
> driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this
> part):
>
> <snip />

__/ [ Cool Dude ] on Friday 24 March 2006 10:51 \__

> "Parish" wrote:
>> That first appeared about the time Win95 did so I reckon everyone here has
>> heard it...oooh...at least a dozen times.
>
> True, but new-comers are coming to computing all the time. Sorry I
> bothered.

Have a look at the very popular (and recent) video which is titled "What if
Microsoft designed the iPod":

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=36099539665548298&q=microsoft+ipod

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Bakset Case
 11:35am  up 16 days  4:12,  8 users,  load average: 1.05, 0.91, 0.82