Re: Microsoft Office - One-Year Delay!

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 25 March 2006 16:43 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <e03r8j$22nq$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 25 March 2006 13:00 \__
>>
>> Alpha should be ready _some time_ before 2008. Considering that the
>> release of Longhorn was initially promised/estimated at 2003, I would not
>> count on 2007Q1 for Vista and Office. We shall wait and see.
>>
>> How definitely has Gates spoken about the pre-Christmas release date of
>> Vista? How disappointed were people (at the time) to reveal that "2006"
>> actually mean "the very _end_ of 2006"? Let them lie. I keep waiting.
>>
>> They could make their current testing build public and just call it
>> quits.  Good riddance of a half-baked beast. I hear these are very
>> unstable at the moment (blogs of Microsoft advocates, whose
>> experiences I read about regularly). Yesterday's news indicate they
>> Vista is also not secure, according to Microsoft.
>
> The security thing is just a red herring I think. Clearly MS have
> serious problems with vista as Allchin alluded to. You just can't keep
> hacking away at SW that is nadly designed to begin with and expect to
> produce anything of quality at the end of it. The inter-dependancies
> within windows components only makes the worse. MS are reaping their
> just rewards for producing bad SW. In the meantime OSS just goes from
> strength to strength.

This reminds me that it's time have another round of 'news picking'. This
time, I will try to abstain from mentioning the competition.

See you at the top of the board! *smile*

VISTA - Venereally-Infectious, Sexually-Transmitted Aliment
  5:00pm  up 17 days  7:45,  8 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.29, 0.38