Re: Windows' days are numbered

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Sunday 26 March 2006 15:38 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> I have read speculation from experts about Vista being the last from the
>> Windows family (implying that a code re-write might never serve a
>> purpose).
>
> Other than to take Vista *FROM* the Windwos family into a new family.
> Perhaps MS is finally getting the idea that a lot of people associate
> "Windwos" with disaster or pain in the neck/IT budget.

With a terrible name like "Singularity" (an intersting story behind it), they
wouldn't get far. Some foreigners will not even know how to pronounce it.

"Ma-ma, da-da, Li-nux, Si-......-Nile."

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")
  7:45pm  up 18 days  9:30,  9 users,  load average: 0.84, 0.41, 0.43