Re: Why Linux is Easier to Use than Mac OS X or Windows

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Monday 27 March 2006 03:46 \__

> In article <44270730.60408@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Robert Newson <ReapNewsB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have my window focus set to follow mouse (which ever window last had
>> mouse
>> over it gets the focus).  I alsways have problems with keyboard entries
>> going into the wrong window when I have to use Windwos which offers me no
>> configuration option.  Thus, without being easy to customise to *WHAT I
>> WANT* (and /not/ what MS says I want), it is harder to use.
>
> You can get focus-follows-mouse on Windows.  Grab the free Powertoys
> from MS and poke around in the settings there.

"_without hackware_", I said. Also notice that a third-party is involved,
which makes it hard to discover, use, update and is often not
backward-compatible. The same goes for pagers, to name just one other
example.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  7:45am  up 18 days 21:30,  9 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.46, 0.63